The weather may be colder, yet the real estate market is still plenty warm! Don’t let anyone tell you differently! If you’re ready to sell your home, don’t wait! Here are some great reasons to list your home during the Holidays.
- People who look for a home during the holidays are more serious buyers! Everyone is busy in December, so the buyer must buy! They are not “just looking.”
- Serious buyers have fewer houses to choose from during the holidays. Less competition means more money for you.
- Since the supply of listings normally increases in January, there may be less demand for your particular home. Less demand means less money for you.
- Houses show better when decorated for the Holidays.
- Buyers are more emotional during the Holidays, so they are more likely to pay your price.
- Buyers have more time to look for a home during the holidays than they do during a working week.
- Some people must buy before the end of the year for tax reasons.
- January is traditionally the month for employees to begin new jobs. Since transferees cannot wait until spring to buy, you must be on the market now to capture that market.
- You can still be on the market and have the option to restrict showings during the six or seven days during the holidays.
- You can sell now for more money and provide for a delayed closing or extended occupancy until early next year if needed.
- By selling now, you may have an opportunity to be a non-contingent buyer during the Spring, when many more houses traditionally are on the market for less money. This will allow you to sell high and buy low.
Lenders are traditionally less busy this time of year. Therefore, their service is more responsive.